Terms & Conditions
By visiting thelightbulbacademy.com you are consenting to our terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not visit this site.
Everyone hates legal waffle. It’s also really important you understand everything on this page. So here are a few jargon explanations to make things uber-clear:
- Site: thelightbulbacademy.com and all products and services available
- We or us or our: Martine Ellis T/A The Lightbulb Academy
- You or your: you, the user
- Your content: anything you post or upload on this site
- Our content: everything we post on this site owned by us (including text, sound, graphics, or other materials)
We offer products for sale on this site using a third-party shopping cart. To avoid learning your credit card information, we’ve partnered with PayPal to securely process payment. As such, we never learn or store your credit card information. Paypal shares your name, address, and email with us. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
See the Disclaimer page of this website.
You own your content; we own our content.
You own the copyright to your content. But by posting or uploading your content to the site, or emailing it to use for posting on the site, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license. This license allows us to store and show your content to other users. This license does not allow us to sell your content.
This site contains intellectual property owned by The Lightbulb Academy including trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property. Do not share our content under any circumstances. If this is unclear, or you have questions, please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any content on this site infringes on your intellectual property, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments and Community Participation
This site allows users to comment on articles and participate in The Lightbulb Academy's community. Submissions deemed spam will be automatically filtered out and never posted.
This site is designed to be a supportive community. As such, you agree that you will not:
- Use hateful, abusive, offensive, or obscene language towards others
- Threaten others with violence
- Use (or attempt to use) another person’s account
- Post material that infringes on another person’s intellectual property rights
If you do any of these things, we may remove your content.
This site collects information on you in two ways.
The information that you manually provide us by leaving a comment, filling out one of our contact or sign up forms or making a purchase. This information can be tied directly to you because of the information you’ve provided.
- The information that’s automatically collected via third-party partners included on this site in order to allow us to give and deliver content the most relevant content to you. The types of information collected here include things like your IP address, location, pages visited, and browser type. Generally, our third-party partners only give us this information in the aggregate (e.g. it’s not identifiable to you) but sometimes this information can be directly tied to you (e.g. if you signed up for our list via a Twitter lead generation card).
Most of this information is only used in the aggregate to create a profile of our readers and the types of content that you, as our readers, most identify with. We use this profile to create more content that you love. The information collected is only shared with others if required by our terms of service/agreement with those parties, or if we are legally required to by law.
If you would like to know what information we have that’s directly attributable to you, please contact email@example.com.
Pesky Small Print
In no event will our liability, (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed £25.
There is no promise or representation that you will make a certain amount of money, or any money, or not lose money, as a result of using our products and services. As with any business, your results will vary and will be based on your personal abilities, experience, knowledge, capabilities, level of desire, and an infinite number of variables beyond our control, including variables we (or you) have not anticipated. ? There are no guarantees concerning the level of success you may experience. Each person’s results will vary. There are unknown risks in any business, particularly with the Internet where advances and changes can happen quickly.? The use of our information, products and services should be based on your own due diligence and you agree that we are not liable for your success or failure.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these terms or your use of the site.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of Guernsey without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these terms or this site shall be instituted exclusively in the Guernsey courts.
Updates and Date Last Updated
The last update was: 3 July 2017.